13 August 2020
The Virgin Money London Marathon Goes Virtual
The 40th Race
Subscribe before Friday 18th of September to secure your place
After months of intensive work and consultation with London’s authorities, organisers today confirmed the plans for The 40th Race taking place on Sunday 4 October 2020, due to the current crisis. The race will go virtual and Nerve Tumours UK has 30 places up for grabs. This is certainly a blow for us as a charity being solely dependent on public funding and donations.
Everyone with a place in the 2020 event will still have the chance to take part in The 40th Race by running the famous marathon distance virtually from home or anywhere in the world on top of their actual running place that can be transferred to next year's official race.
Register your interest for the Virtual Virgin Money 2020 Marathon here and support Nerve Tumours UK in this ongoing situation of crisis.
Places will go on a first come first serve basis.
- You have 24 hours to complete the 26.2 miles, from 00:00 to 23:59 on Sunday 4 October
- You can run, walk, take breaks and log your race on a new London Marathon app being developed by event partner TCS
- Raise awareness for those affected with Neurofibromatosis wherever you are in the UK and internationally
- Get your family, friends or communities involved on the way to set up drink stations, meet at landmarks etc. - it's your course and your race
- Receive your medal and certificate by the organisers
- 8 hours live coverage by the BBC on the day - the longest ever coverage of a single sporting event to highlight yours and our cause
Fundraising Target: £200
Nerve Tumours UK will cover the £20 administrative cost.
If you are one of the original 2020 runners the fundraising will go towards your overall race target and you can use your existing fundraising page.
(If you want to Run in one of our Nerve Tumours UK vests, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Once your place is confirmed we will guide you through the registration and fundraising process. Any questions contact us directly email@example.com