04 August 2023
Calling all community fundraisers - we need your help, please!
I know that we have been through some torrid times over the last few years, and it's not particularly rosy as yet, but we need your help.
I really do need to ask you all to think about re-igniting all your wonderful community fundraising events that we used to hear about. But I don’t want to make life difficult for anyone, life is tough enough already, so if anyone can help, keep to ideas that will fit in with your daily schedules, and not everything needs to involve any great cost. Do not put added pressure on yourselves with big cash targets, as every little helps enormously.
Contact us: email@example.com
Encourage your work colleagues or friends to get involved
Try something like a cake sale
or get together to brainstorm other ideas for fundraising
in the workplace or at home
Ask for donations or clothes, toys and other bric-a-brac and have a mini sale/coffee morning, or go full steam ahead with a car boot sale
You can also organise fun days or nights such as a mufti day or a quiz
For those feeling adventurous it could be time to party again, Christmas season will soon be upon us, so let’s have a ball!
I know some people are still worried about mixing at present, so why not plan something outdoors.
I was going to say that it being summer it is a good time, but maybe have a gazebo or two at hand!!
Community fundraising is good on so many fronts, but the main two are the fact that it brings together lots of different people covering a whole variety of different activities, and also is a means to support charities. One thing the pandemic and the last few years have taught us is that us humans need to interact, we need to enjoy ourselves with friends and family!
Why am I asking you to consider fundraising?
Nerve Tumours UK, and all of the support services that we offer, are funded entirely on donations. Quite simply, to maintain and expand services to all parts of the UK, we need to raise more funds. I am proud to say that as a charity we do not waste funds, all monies raised are put to good use, and we are very inventive in working with other charities and institutions that will benefit the NF community.
But we do need your help!
So how can we help you?
Please email or call us with your ideas, if you cannot think of any but want to fundraise, we can supply you with a list of ideas.
We can also help with following:
- Public Indemnity Insurance - we will make sure your event is fully insured
- Fundraising Packs - we can supply you with everything you need for your event: t-shirts, running & cycling tops, banners, flags, balloons, merchandise, etc
- Advertising - we can promote your event via our 5 social media platforms, on our website, in our e-newsletter and magazine (Our reach now exceeds some 70,000 people)
- Major events - we can send someone along to talk about the charity and you will have access to our promotional film & other digital marketing tools
What will your fundraising pay for?
Funds will be used to fund the team of regional Specialist NF Nurses and Advisors and our other support services.
- £10 funds a Specialist Information School Pack to support SENCO, teachers and staff at schools with children living with NF
- £20 enables us to raise awareness of NF (Neurofibromatosis Type 1, NF2-related-Schwannomatosis and Schwannomatosis) and provide community groups online
- £60 will allow us to support an individual with their first call to the Nerve Tumours UK national Helpline
- £155 covers the cost of one of our Specialists to visit a home or school to those who cannot leave the house, or schools who need complex meetings
- £999 pays for a nurse for approx. a month
We really do need your help, please, and just think of the fun that you could help create and spread in doing so by hosting an event!
With my very best wishes,
If you have any further questions, please contact our fundraising team: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the head office on 0208 439 1234.
Contact us on social media: you can message us directly when following our social channels.